Re: Affordable Housing in Your Community Ann Zabaldo
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:32:57 -0700 (PDT)
On July 26, Ann Zabaldo wrote:

> I will be on the Kojo Nnamdi show on Washington DC's local NPR
>station WAMU 88.5 FM this Thursday, July 28th starting at noon EDST.  Katie
>McCamant is The Guest.  Jack Wilbern, Blueberry Hill Cohousing is providing
>"local commentary" and I'll be representing Mid Atlantic Cohousing as one of
>the board members of that organization.
>I'm sure that one of the questions we'll be asked is about affordability in
>cohousing.
>I would very much like to hear how you have built affordability into your
>community.

Hi Ann,

I think it would be a mistake to allow listeners think that
cohousing in the US has been very successful about addressing
affordability. Attempts have been made, there is a desire to
make cohousing affordable, but it remains a major challenge.

I suggest reviewing David Mandel's Apr 5, 2009  reflections on
the experience of Southside Park Cohousing, Sacramento
which tried to achieve affordability when they built in 1993-94.

Re: Pioneering/Building in Disadvantaged Neighborhoods/Gentrification
http://lists.cohousing.org/pipermail/cohousing-l/msg29783.html

Fred