|Re: CH TV + Simple Wins [was common house kitchen stove||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)|
|Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 03:30:51 -0700 (PDT)|
Actually, No. Passenger vehicles, for obvious safety reasons, are mostly designed to the same control patterns and operational standards. But everything else is either complicated, individuated, or both. Bicycles now have a nominal 21 speeds, but few riders work out the seven-speed combo that is optimum for his/her strength and usage. Even simple point-and-shoot cameras have algorithms most people never understand or master, never mind the differing menu structures. On any given day, the bookstore has dozens of interesting new titles — and a month later, it still has dozens, but they're all different. Try to buy a box of cereal at the supermarket: You have 60 to 80 alternatives, depending on the size of the store. My desktop computer has thousands of capacities and options, only a fraction of which I will ever learn — and my neighbors think I'm a "power user". So welcome to America in the 21st century: Land of more choice than we can manage. Maybe one of the good things about cohousing is offers a social life focus of manageable scale, given that the range of social/cultural options offered by modern city life is virtually incomprehensible. Do we really need the choice of 45 hammers at Home Depot, or of 35 vacuum cleaners at Walmart — or, for that matter, of 25,000 potential friends in Cambridge, Massachusetts? RPD On Mar 23, 2013, at 9:56 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com> wrote: > Does anyone else have a solution?
- Re: cohousing in semi-rural Minnesota near cities, (continued)
- Re: cohousing in semi-rural Minnesota near cities Amy taylor, April 15 2013
- Re: common house kitchen stove Wayne Tyson, March 21 2013
- Re: common house kitchen stove Elizabeth Magill, March 23 2013
- CH TV + Simple Wins [was common house kitchen stove Sharon Villines, March 23 2013
- Re: CH TV + Simple Wins [was common house kitchen stove R Philip Dowds, March 24 2013
- Social behavior Re: CH TV + Simple Wins [was common house kitchen stove Wayne Tyson, March 24 2013
- Re: CH TV + Simple Wins [was common house kitchen stove Joanie Connors, March 24 2013
- Re: CH TV + Simple Wins [was common house kitchen stove Sharon Villines, March 24 2013
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.