CH TV + Simple Wins [was common house kitchen stove
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:56:45 -0700 (PDT)
>> Here's my philosophy: For common use, purchase the most foolproof,
>> easy-to-use, commonly- found version of any item. Here's why: In a shared
>> environment where most people use the item infrequently and without looking
>> at directions, you will want to pick the item carefully to be the easiest to
>> use.

Of well over 100 wishes that our member listed -- from new team structure to
aquarium to more faucets on the green -- the number one wish was for clear
instructions to use the TV.

This has been a thorn in our side since we bought it. Impossible. There are too
many combinations of settings -- DVD, VCR, Games, Satellite TV. The TV has to
be reset for each of these . The remote has to be reset. And not all the resets
can be done from the remote. And for some the cables in back need to be changed
and are reconnected wrong or not at all.

A month or so ago I had to show someone how to turn off closed captioning.
She's the one who taught me 6 months ago. People just can't remember 50 facts
about the TV when they only use it every few months.

I spent literally hours and hours and hours -- twice -- writing and testing
instructions. Two weeks later people were complaining again. The satellite
company had changed their software and the screens looked different which was
totally confusing. I quit.

The only solution we have been able to come up with is to limit functionality
and solder the cables in place. No one wants to do that.

Does anyone else have a solution?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines