Private home dishwashers: 18" vs 24"
From: Taryn Leigh (taryn_leighhotmail.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:48:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

Our group is in the design development stage and are nailing down the last
issues of our building plans.

One question that has come up is dishwasher size in the private homes.

Our architect, Charles Durrett (extensive cohousing experience) recommends an
18" unit however our developers/project managers (extensive small strata
development experience but no cohousing experience) say 18" is too small and to
install 24" units.

Some context:

We have designed 31 units, studios, one bedroom, two bedroom, three bedroom and
1 four bedroom unit.

Our private kitchens are small, a few have only 3 upper half-cabinets.

Our group hopes to hold 3-5 common meals per week.

We are four member households away from being sold out and so far the largest
family size is two parents and two kids.

I am inclined to think that with the number of common meals and family size the
18" units will be sufficient. I see myself running a wash perhaps every night
is it fills up enough.

I would love to hear your thoughts and experience on this.

Kind regards,

Taryn
Vancouver Cohousing

Sent from my iPad