Re: Ansul hood in the common house kitchen
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:56:28 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 1, 2021, at 3:42 PM, Katie Henry <katie-henry [at] att.net> wrote:
>
> According to the engineers, our options are to (1) install the Ansul hood now
> or (2) install a regular hood and hope the inspector passes it, but if not
> and we are required to replace it with an Ansul hood, it will cost much more
> than if we'd installed it in the first place.

Have you tried reading the code? What are the criteria for requiring the
commercial hood?

If you can find this, then you may fine a basis on which to appeal.

Is there any advantage to you to have a commercial hood? Maybe it would be
better. Often our cooks don’t turn on our non-commercial hood, but even when
they do and make a serious garlic or onion dish for 30 people the entire common
house is saturated with garlic and onion odors. For hours.

Also unless the inspector has written down that you have to have a commercial
hood, the next person or even the first might not even notice the issue the
next time.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines