Police policies
From: Maggie McGovern (mcgroovin2000yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 04:13:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi people. I’ve never posted to here so I’m not sure if I’m doing this right.
I’ll find out!

I’m curious if any of you have policies/guidelines/agreements/rules around
people calling the police?

I’ve had a neighbor call the police on me for something that was not breaking
any agreements and wasn’t brought to my attention by him (we do have agreements
to go to each other with complaints but he has chosen not to do that). We don’t
have any agreements around calling the police and for my and other’s safety and
peace of mind I would like that to exist. I was thinking of having a discussion
in our coho with those interested but I thought I’d first see if other Coho’s
have written agreements that I can bring as options. When I think of writing
something it is very hard for me to clearly, concretely describe how it would
look to use police when needed and not just as a threat.

I also know there are many views on this from people trusting the police as a
strategy for protection and conflict resolution to those who see using police
as a danger given historical and current violence and abuses of power and then
everything in between. Anyone tackled this?

Thanks,
Maggie

Sent from my iPhone