Re: members leaving the community
From: Maggi Rohde (maggiintranet.org)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:41:01 -0700 (MST)
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Sharon Villines wrote:
> Also moving on to a new life is hard enough, with all the
> arrangements and adjustment to change, that a ceremony about it
> seems worse. Putting words on things makes them more real than if
> you don¹t.

"More real" is worse than "less real?"  I am confused.

I strongly support the concept of rites of passage: welcoming new
members, transitions within the community (births, marriages,
deaths, divorces) and leaving for other places.  The formality and
format of each really depends on the people involved.

I thought the photo album idea was excellent.

-Maggi Rohde, Ann Arbor, MI
 (the community formerly known as Honey Creek)